Monday, April 14, 2008

Knitters Need To Knit- knit and crochet circle

Today I had the first "Knitters Need To Knit" circle here at my house.
This was formed from some of the members of the old Knotty Knitters who went to Knit or Knot yarn shop.

Unfortunately, last month, Norma had to close the shop. Her health has gotten worse and it was just too difficult to carry the shop when she could not be present. It was a hard decision for her, but it is for the best. I can already see her state of mind is improving without the worries of the business over her head.

All of us knitting gals really miss the shop and the routine we had formed by going there to knit and chat with our pals.

So I decided I wanted to host a date for us to get together and knit.

Today was a real success, so we are going to do it bi-weekly on Mondays starting with today. So the next one is here at my place in Newmarket, ON, in two weeks!

If you crochet or knit and are available on Monday afternoons you are welcome to come too. Of course you would have to live in the York Region area.....

We chat and have coffee and tea, and show off and work on our projects. The more experienced gals will help out too.

Honestly we get more gabbing than knitting done.

If you are in the area and want to join us send me an email and I will give you the details.
Every Other Monday afternoon 1-4.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Sounds great :) I've been knitting just a tiny bit here and there -- I still love the yarn but there is something about the process that can aggravate me now at times... I used to just knit faster and wind up the anger in it but now I just stop and find something else to do instead.