Thursday, August 06, 2009

I Am Doing A Beta Test For Etsy-Good Excuse For A Sale!

I am part of the second string of beta testers for the Etsy Rearrange feature.
I can rearrange my shop face items from page to page and other testers can see my changes.
The public at large will be able to see the changes in a few weeks.

I had a coincidental situation occur right at the same time I began my test on Tues. It seems that on July 27th half of my items went stale and when I reopened the shop from Vacation Mode on Monday all my items were still in my shop, and so they were on Tues when I began the test.


I guess on Tuesday I did enough action on my shop interface to have the lists catch up to the stale dates through the data stream and in the middle of my first test I lost half my wares.

I was confused for just over 24 hrs cuz nothing was in the Inactive area where it says to look.
Then at the last minute (just after I sent a trouble ticket to Etsy) I see The Expired category in My Etsy, and I checked it. Low and behold the missing wares were expired and the date they expired was July 27th. So the reopening of the shop and the activation of the beta test must have sinked the date and zip they were all gone.
Sigh... I had to get all those items renewed
It gave me an oportunity to see what happens in the beta test when you relist something.

So seeing I am so lame brained and can't find an expired listing if my life depended on it....I have just removed all the shipping from all of the doilies. Free shipping anywhere!
And just to remind you that the doilies are also a great way to get one of the higher priced needled felted pieces at a great reduction in shipping cost if you incorporated the SNEAKY SALE RULES to your multiple item order.... :-)

1 comment:

Rachel Ferrucci- mamarucci said...

Sounds like you had a rough day! I've been debating if I want to open an Etsy shop. Good luck with your shop.

Rachel Ferrucci- MamaRucci

http://mamarucci.wordpress.com