Monday, October 05, 2009

WitchAmy Knit Along Is Coming Soon!

I will be Broadcasting and Recording The First Ever WitchAmy Knit Along Waves Of Wonder Lapel Scarf Knit Along Class!

To see an example of these scarves check this out! Click This

The scheduled date is Wednesday October 14th, at 8:00PM (20:00)EST (GMT-5). I will record it so the Knit Along will be in the Archives of my BlogTV channel.

What do you have to do to Join Us?

All those who Join Blog TV and Subscribe to my WitchAmy TV will be eligible to be sent the Pattern.
Go to My WitchAmy Live Site by clicking HERE.

At the top of my page there should be a button that says Join. Press that and create a nickname and password for yourself. Then go back to my front page and below the chat box you will see a button called Subscribe. Press that and subscribe to my feed. (this will enable you to chat with me and ask me questions during my broadcasts.

Next you need to contact me at motivatedmotion[at]gmail[dot]com and tell me what the nick name you chose for your account is so I can cross reference it with my list. Then please request the project Pattern for The Waves Of Wonder Scarf. I will send it to you in an email with a word doc in it (if you cannot use a word doc please let me know and I can send it as html or a rich text doc if you request it) Once I get notification that you have subscribed to my show I will send you the pattern.(Please have your requests in by Sunday October 11, 2009)
**NOTE I won't open any files you send me in email regarding these request emails. I will only look at text.**

What materials do you need?

Yarn: DK or Sport Weight yarn (DK is my recommendation but a sport weight would end up just a bit larger.) You will need:

SMALL SCARF(42in/107cm long)-requires 312 yrds/285m of yarn
MEDIUM SCARF(52in/132cm long)-requires 416yrds/380m of yarn
LARGE SCARF(84in/214cm long)- requires 624yrds/570m of yarn

I recommend a natural fiber, but it is up to you.

Your needles will have to be circular needles with a long cord.....at least 30inches I recommend something around 40inches.
The size of the needles will depend on the yarn you choose. Use the needle size recommended on the band of the yarn ball. If you need me to show you where to look on the yarn ball for the needle size then pop into one of the broadcasts I have going, and ask me in chat to explain this... in the next week or so and I will show you in the broadcast.

You will also need a yarn needle for sewing in ends.
You will also need scissors
You will also need a tape measure

Plus a note pad of lined paper and a good pen or pencil (a highlighter would be a good idea too)

Make sure you try to catch a few minutes of another broadcast of mine just in case you have issues with needing flash upgraded or need to ugrade your video viewer etc.

I recommend you view my free how to knit videos covering "Make One- K1fb" stitch and "Decreasing-k2tog" stitches, and "Cable Cast-on" at The Motivated Motion Gallery Site

A Beginner knitter who has cast on, Knit, and Purled before can do this scarf.
An Intermediate knitter will have no problems with this scarf.

Up Coming WitchAmy TV Broadcast Schedule:

Tues Oct 6, 2009 @ 11:00AM (GMT-5) EST, Steampunk Jewelry
Wed Oct 7, 2009 @ 1:00PM (GMT-5) EST, Needle Felting A Commissioned Piece
Wed Oct 7, 2009 @ 8:00PM (GMT-5) EST, Marilyn Monroe Evening Bag......
Thurs Oct 8, 2009@ 1:00PM (GMT-5) EST, Let's Go Pagan Themed!....
Sat Oct10, 2009@ 1:00PM (GMT-5) EST, Weekend Surprise!

Sun Oct11, 2009@ 1:00PM (GMT-5) EST, Weekend Surprise!
Mon Oct12, 2009@ 1:00PM (GMT-5) EST, Canadian Thanksgiving.......
Wed Oct14, 2009@ 8:00PM (GMT-5) EST, WitchAmy Knit Along Session 1......


WitchAmy- Broadcast your self LIVE

No comments: