Sunday, April 19, 2009

In The Studio This Weekend

(click on photos to see them bigger)

This two week period is filled to the brim with workshops and lessons and prep for the next manuals. I am also taking some time in the studio to do some re-organizing.













It takes so much time to re-org a room.
I started over a week ago, but didn't get very far because I was committed to tons of stuff to do elsewhere.

I have workshops planned, and my weekends are full.

This weekend was supposed to be the first Rose workshop class but I ended up unwell on Saturday, so I have had to postpone it until May 2nd.

I opened my third compartmentalized container for my roving. I have tried to organize like colours but not like fibre.
Now I am trying to figure out how to store the large cases. I toyed with the idea of attaching them to the wall of the closet, but that idea was scrapped quickly when I realized there was not enough room on the wall for 3 cases!

My weekend craft projects are Ruffled Cravat and the Ishbel Shawl/Scarf.


I had an awesome idea for marketing the Needle-Felted Rose kits. I put the roving and needles into a dollar store bud vase for each student so they had a bud vase to display their finished rose.

This rose turned out even nicer than the first ones I did. I like that about needle-felting. If you try to repeat the object it will improve with each one made.


No comments: