Monday, December 04, 2006

Caledonia Got Her Prezzy!

Caledonia is my Christmas Grotto Swap Partner.
She is from Good Ole Scotland!
I really like the swaps.
It is such a fun way to meet new folks and make new friends.

Not like blogging alone isn't a great way to make new friends.........
Blogging is great for that too.
And without blogging we wouldn't be able to arrange swaps with so many people around the world!

Now Caledonia has received her package I can show you the pics I took of it before I sent it.

I will tell you a little story about mailing this parcel.
I went to my local post office here in our town.
I arrived at 10 minutes to 4.
My parcel was a bit big for one of the envelopes so I had to wrap it in paper.
The lady at the post office saw the tape I was using and she gave me their packing tape to wrap my box.
The parcel pick up guy arrive and he saw me wrapping my gift.
He said he would wait for me to finish.
Well that meant he had to wait for the postal lady to weigh my parcel and do her thing with it too.
Just when I was about to get back in line a rush of people came in.
The Postal lady went mad trying to rush all the people in line and get my parcel processed.
She was a wreck.
I could tell the day had been really busy.
I really appreciated her effort and the parcel guy's effort to wait for my sake.

I asked the gal what kind of coffee she drank. She told me double double.
I told her I would come by the next day with a coffee for her.
The parcel guy had already gone so I didn't get to thank him again.
So the next day I made good on my promise. Tim Horton's double double.
Then I purchased some gift certificate books for coffee.
I went back to see her with her coffee. Her eyes lit up!
I asked her to give the parcel guy a book of coffee coupons when he came by at 4, and to spread the other book around to the other folks that worked at the post office too.
It was like I gave her a million dollars.
This is the best thing about this season. You can figure out creative ways to show folks you appreciate them!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i be your blog friend too so I get those goodies too (just joking)
I'm sure your friend had a blast opening your parcel.

btw, That was a really nice thing to do for the post office people.. Good customer service always can use a good reward.

RennyBA said...

Yea, you are really a swapping queen Lynn and I feel lucky to be in your pin swap thing!

Good to know there is such good service in your post office and even in a hectic Advent time:-)

Then off to your swap friend!

TorAa said...

If only people were half as caring for others as you are, the world would have been a much better place to live. This is the xMas message realized.

Anita said...

What a nice story. I a sure your parcel will make your blog friend very happy!

Anonymous said...

What a good story Lynn...I miss Ti Ho's coffee so I sure know how happy they must have been and she probably couldn't even believe you actually came back with the coffee. That is so cool.

I love the package you sent the Scotish frined maple syrup! YES!!!

I got very inspired by you comment about your husband retiring and you liked the sound of the book Hamlet's Mill. I am always trying to turn people onto reading it,. it's a bit difficult...but it is fascinating.

I made a whole other post inspired by your comment.

And here is the back cover of hamlet's MIll obviously the web site link for the online version doesn't have this back cover...


"Ever since the Greeks coined the language we commonly use for scientific description, mythology and science have developed separately. But what came before the Greeks? What if we could prove that all myths have one common origin in a celestial cosmology? What if the gods, the places they lived, and what they did are but ciphers for celestial activity, a language for the perpetration of complex astronomical data?

Drawing on scientific data, historical and literary sources, the authors argue that our myths are the remains of a preliterate astronomy, an exacting science whose power and accuracy were suppressed and then forgotten by anemergent Greco-Roman world view. This fascinating book throws into doubt the self-congratulatory assumptions of Western science about the unfolding development and transmission of knowledge. This is a truly seminal and original thesis, a book that should be read by anyone interested in science, myth and the interactions between the two."

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Lynn! I'm totally addicted to those maple cookies! That's a lovely story about the post office too!

Teena in Toronto said...

That was soooo nice of them! And soooo nice of you to show them you appreciate them :)

RheLynn said...

Wow Lynn, you really did make that lady's day, what a kind and thoughtful thing to do!

The parcel to Scotland looks like a fun and relaxing mix of goodies too!

Mother of Invention said...

That was so neat of you to do that! You made their day. A parent brought me in one one day when I was teaching and man, was it appreciated!