Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cam's Birthday Celebrations Lasted Until Monday!


Well I am late posting because after this amazingly active weekend I was pooped.

It all started on Thursday. April 19th, the official Birthday day for Cam.
We drove to Peterborough to spend the evening with Alex and Amber.
Here is Alex who FINALLY got the sweater I promised him.
It fits exactly how it should. It is designed so the Metro-Sexual Male can wear his shirt-tails out, under the sweater. The bottom band is looser for a business casual look. It has wider sleeves too for the effect, yet is fits body-formed at the neck and shoulders. This is made of Ella Rae Wool. It is soft soft soft. The writing is not oversewn. It is actually colourchanged into the pattern. Similar to the way one would add pattern to a fare isle sweater. This sweater looks as good inside-out as it does right side out. I am very proud of the work I have done on this. I learned a lot about modern patterns with this piece.
Alex made Cam a fancy shot drink. This is called a "Brain Hemorage".
A nice photo of Alex and Candy. Our grand-baby kitty is getting big!
Alex made reservations at the Olde Stonehouse Brewery, which is a microbrewery in the old downtown of Peterborough, located on George Street. He got the Special Booth which is a self-contained nook. This table is amazing. It has a tiny window to see the front door, and this amazing mural of all of the historical monuments of Peterborough: the lift lock, the clock tower, the Indian Petrolyphs.

Our Birthday toast to Cam.
Finally....a photo where you can actually see Cam in his 19yr old splendor. He is in the black ball cap. Cam, Amber, Alex, Carl (Carl isn't asleep. He is reading his menu)
We are now at the St. Verona's Belgian Beer Temple for dessert.

Ahh More Beer Toasts to Cam's Birthday!
Carl tasting Al's "Delerium", with his "Stella Artois" in the foreground.
The Belgium Beer Temple is one of the certified pourers of Stella in Ontario, Canada.
Cam's super chocolate cake
My Creme Brulee.
Amber and Al shared Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
Amber has Fruli Beer which is a thick strawberry beer. I had Trois Pistoles, which is a "live" beer. I cannot drink anymore since I started Menopause. Any alchohol causes an auto-immune response and I go red from my chest right up my face. But, by accident I stumbled upon live beer when we were at the Belgian Beer Temple, last time. Live beer, which has an active yeast put in the bottle just before bottling does not perpetuate this response. One could compair it to the way yogurt is live. So if you too have this "womens" problem, ask for a "live" beer.
Delerium is a high alchohol beer. Cute pink Elephants.....huh?
Self Explanitory
Maudite is a Quebec beer. The label has a flying canoe and a devil on it!
I like how each beer has its own glass. Ambers, being the thicker beer is served in a fluted glass, and Mine being the live beer requires a wide rim.
I had great coffee at the Belgian Beer Temple. If you want your food to match your beer, they know how to do it! Even my coffe matched my beer!

I suggest you seek out these restaurants in Peterborough. If you like Convivia, atmosphere, cuisine and wonderful aparatif.....You will find all that at St. Verona's Belgian Beer Temple, and at the Olde Stonehouse MicroBrewery.
Friday saw Cam's friends he has know since grade two, come for an all night party.
It started with a trip to Sgnt Splatter's Paintball arena.
Pizza and Ice Cream cake for dessert.
And partying all night playing video games.
Brandon brings out the cake.
Chris with Cam as he blows out his candles.

7 comments:

RheLynn said...

Wow - what a night out! I've never heard of Strawberry beer either -- but then, I very rarely drink at all. So glad you all had such a good time!

Hey, and excellent work on the sweater! You're quite accomplished knitting now!

Anonymous said...

The sweater is awesome! I want one of those.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Cam!

m0tasim said...

looks like you had a lot of fun! it really is great when you catch almost every thing in pictures!
happy birthday to Cam!

Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like a fun time! Beer and dessert ... it doesn't get any better than that! :)

I've heard of Olde Stonehouse Brewery. We like checking out different beer.

Teena in Toronto said...

Nice job on the sweater, btw.

Mother of Invention said...

Oh, to be 19! And I'm drooling over that peanut butter-chocolate pie!
Happy B-day, Cam!