Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree!


This is the phrase Dad uses to describe my middle-aging in comparison to my mother.
I see the similarities every day, and sometimes it can be quite amusing, and sometimes it can be...just sad, to think that the stuff I declared I would never do when I got older, I am doing. And I just don't do it in the fashion, I do it exactly like her.

Mom trained me well. Even if now there is absolutely no way I can appreciate it.
Like: stretchy pants and too big shirts.

For God's sake! I have prided myself on being quite fashionable for my age. I don't spend oodles of money on clothes, but I try my best to put myself together nicely.

But today is the end. Today I found myself drooling over these great yoga pants I got at Costco.
I undid them from their wrappping and I stretched out the waist on the 3 sizes smaller than before pants. Jersey cotton with a ribbon drawstring, and a stretchy waist. I was in heaven!

Heaven?! Oh it has happened. I now know I am completely like my Mother! Stretchy pants and too big shirts. Good Lord!

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

My mom and I were talking about this same thing yesterday - but about our economical habits. It seems I learned her philosophy on buying things so well that we both have our s/o's on us about feeling guilty buying things all the time, and how we should just go ahead and stop making excuses for why we don't need stuff ;)

I'm sure there is much more to come for you and for me along those lines!