Saturday, November 04, 2006

Today's Theme is: Windows
There are two new posts below this one



PSHunt
Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.


I have waited several weeks for just the right time
to show you these photographs.

This is The Sharon Temple
The "Music Hall" built by The Children of Peace.
The number of windows, and the number of pillars inside
are significant to the architecture of
The Temple of Solomon.
People came to worship here after1826.
It took 7 years to build, just like
The Temple of Solomon



This is the Study


This is The Temple at
"Illuminations"
Illuminations celebrated two specific days.
June 8th for the celebration of the planting
and
September 8th for the celebration of the harvest.
Each light, indoors and in the towers is a candle.


10 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

I've seen this many times but never at night. Neat!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! I've never heard of this place. I'll have to check it out.

Mine's up :)

Anonymous said...

The windows looks absolutely beautiful especially during the night

LibertyBelle said...

That is one awesome building!
Also beautiful at night!
I think Soloman's temple was made of stone, but it's fantastic to think that replicas are being made all over the world.
great choice
Mine's up too!
Happy Saturday!

Mackey said...

I love the night picture.
My COLD window picture is up.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of windows! Very special architecture indeed!

It's interesting to see exactly how different it can be.

Love the ligthened one.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! We are often asked if this building is haunted .. :)

chumly said...

I have a hard time keeping up with you. Thanks for the great Halloween pictures and the other pictures, especially the temple lit up.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful building! Very cool Lynn.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I am late this time around.. I didn't post a windows picture, I just didn't have time. But, I love all of your photo's, especially the night time one :=)

Mandy x